The economic crisis is on our minds and the effects are felt on our wallets. The level of crime is more than a bit worrisome, I agree. But there is something in that glass. It may not seem half full (in some cases), but it’s definitely not empty! For some of us, it’s actually ¾ full, but we continue to lament that ¼. We all need to remember that somewhere, someone has it harder than we do. A little optimism can sometimes make the day a whole lot better!
Some things that make me smile:
1) People who give their seats up to older folk
2) Courteous drivers
3) Fathers who take an interest in their kids
4) People who can’t dance but do it nonetheless. And they don’t care what you think!
5) People who inconvenience themselves for others
6) When your team dominates the UEFA Champions league😉
7) Young people who work hard (e.g my staff J)
8) “Thank you” “Excuse me” I beg your pardon” Yup…they’re still around
9) Young men who do not collapse under pressure but choose the straight and narrow
10) The color yellow
11) Women who run foster homes just for the love of kids
12) Families that stick together!
13) The sound of children’s laughter, the sight of them at play
14) Melissa Pierre, Mechell Sampson, Natasha Thomas, Lecah Goddard, Christopher Garcia, Sarah Seepersad, Kevon Jordon. These young people wake up early on Saturday mornings to raise funds for community projects.
15) Celebrities who remain down to earth despite their millions
16) Ms. California’s response to Perez’s question
17) When everyday people get the opportunity to realize their dreams!! You go Grandma Lee! (America’s Got Talent)
16) When we don’t find excuses, but find solutions
17) When Barack Obama danced on Ellen Degeneres’ show
18) Couples in love
21) Golden apple (pommecythere) season!
22) A clean house, if I don’t have to do the cleaning myself
23) Happy People
24) Usain Bolt and his antics!
25) Whitney Houston sans Bobby Brown!
26) Beyonce’s classy reaction in the Taylor Swift – Kanye West debacle.
27) Plus- size models in Glamour magazine
28) Gabourey “Gabby” Sidibe
29) When your team wins the World Cup (Viva Espana!). Lol
30) When the haters think you should stop talking about your winning team😉
31) When the scale budges – downwards that is!
I will keep adding to my list– you can add yours in too– till we’re all smiles