Do you still say TGIF on a Black Friday? There could be as many as three Black Fridays in a year (like in 2009); this year, we eh so badlucky, we got only one. I assume that this week many focused on knocking on wood, crossing their fingers, throwing salt over their shoulders, wearing their clothes inside out. Many people would have avoided walking under ladders, stepping on cracks, breaking any mirrors. Did those help? Let’s see…
- “If we (the U.S. government) have been able to talk to, understand, and establish relations with China, which has an ideology different from ours, then it is an outdated idea not to do so with Cuba,” said Jesse Jackson.
- Al Qaida warns that the US made a “big mistake” and committed a “serious sin” when they killed bin Laden. It promises revenge.
- A 91-year-old Irish woman is now on her second semester at university. She finally got to prove something to the nuns who’d told her (in her youth) that she would never amount to anything.
- Barack Obama’s approval rating is the highest it’s been in two years; more than half of Americans now say he deserves to be re-elected.
- A US man was charged for calling 911 to report that he’d run out of beer. He’d also requested that the emergency staff get him some more.
- An umpire sent an Australian footballer off the field because he considered the player’s mohawk a “dangerous haircut”.
- In the US, a man who broke into a pizza shop answered the phone while on the premises. This led to his arrest.
- Journals and documents recovered from Osama bin Laden hideout revealed that he was planning more attacks.
- A US man was attacked by a housecat and his injuries were so serious that he had to be airlifted to a hospital.
10. A Dubai woman is suing her ex-husband for “$11 million in damages for mental anguish” because she claims that before they got married he did not disclose that he was impotent.
11. In Trinidad, seven (7) pit bulls run out of their owner’s yard, attacked and killed a woman who was on her way to work.
12. A study found that women who birth twins outlive other mothers.
13. Kenya tightened security around Obama’s relatives after Osama bin Laden death.
14. The finance minister of Swaziland, a country ruled by a wealthy monarchy, announced that the country cannot afford to pay salaries to its civil servants.
15. More than 1, 100 women are raped daily in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
16. The “blu Smart Pack,” is the world’s first social networking cigarette package; this hand-held device helps smokers locate each other.
17. An animal welfare group found that dog fur is being used in the production of clothes in China.
18. A US agency guarantees pet owners that when the rapture comes, the organization will dispatch agents to pet owners’ homes to collect and protect their pets within 24 hours of the event.
19. Many believe that Saturday, May 21 is Judgment Day…Um…see you next Wick J
Consider yourselves up to speed…