Generosity: readiness or liberality in giving. When faced with generosity, should you always accept graciously? Below find 19 instances of giving ,up for your consideration.
- Give a sign: An American woman faces charges for hitting a driver in the face with a bag of dog feces. She claimed that she did it to stop him from speeding.
- Give a heads up: The residents of Dennery were not forewarned that heavy rains would lead to the ruinous flooding of their village this week.
- Give in: “The white stuff is not mine, but the weed is.” Those words belonged to an American caught by police with a bag of marijuana and 27 pieces of rock cocaine hidden between his buttocks.
- Give up the ghost: ‘Danger’, a Kenyan polygamist known for marrying 100 wives and fathering 160 children, died this week.
- Give a break: The thousands of condoms being flushed down the toilets blocked the drainage system at the athletes’ village at the Commonwealth games in India.
- Give a present: 12 university students put together an erotic calendar as a gift to the Russian prime minister for his birthday.
- Give a cold shoulder: Some firefighters in the US stood around and watched a family’s house burn down because the owners had not paid the US $75 annual protection fee.
- Give a little: A six-year-old girl sent the money she’d received from the tooth fairy to British Prime Minister with a note for him to “make the country better and pay for jobs”.
- Give as good as you get: The Bolivian president responded to a rough tackle by kneeing a rival player in the groin during a football match.
10. Give a performance: A Philippine airline features cabin crewmembers dancing during the flight.
11. Give voice: A Swedish preschool teacher lost his job after he tweeted “ …I think I will rape 6-7 young girls…” after his first day on the job.
12. Give an eye: A US woman accidentally used super glue instead of eye drops and glued her eye shut.
13. Give advice: A German scientist designed a chair that alerts occupants who’ve been sitting too long that they need to move.
14. Give notice: In the Philippines, those who don’t sing the national anthem as it should be sung could land in jail and face a fine of more than US $2,000.
15. Give a hard time: A Zimbabwean man has accused three women of kidnapping, drugging and raping him.
16. Give a false impression: In the UK, a 60-year old pastor accused of assaulting a 12-year-old girl claimed in court “it was a banana in my pocket”.
17. Give a chance: A judge gave the professional clown who won a seat in Brazil’s congress 10 days to prove that he is not illiterate.
18. Give chase: In Taiwan, rice farmers are using Michael Jackson scarecrows to keep birds away from their crops.
19. Give a bad name: Again, Usain Bolt defeated Chris Gayle on the cricket field.
Consider yourselves up to speed….