When the going gets tough, what do you do? We all act differently as the 19 incidents below show:
1) Remain calm and resolute: The Obama documentary “By the People” debuted and showed that that was how the presidency was won.
2) Bully someone: Two male Beefeaters were suspended for bullying the first ever female warder.
3) Get if off your chest: Rihanna gave details of her abuse by Chris Brown.
4) Take a vacation: The first hotel in space will be opened in 2012. There, guests will experience the sunrise 15 times a day and go around the world every 80 minutes.
5) Undo it: Antigua is looking to revoke Allan Stanford’s knighthood.
6) Come together: Caribbean states are in favor of lifting the US embargo on Cuba.
7) Torture someone: Guyanese police set the genitals of a minor ablaze, burnt the insides of mouth with cigarettes and beat him.
8) Overcome: Yankees beat Phillies
9) Hide: A 7 month baby girl who was reported missing for 5 days was actually found alive under the bed in their house.
10) Evacuate: The UN will pull 600 staff from Afghanistan.
11) Shop: Nicolas Cage has bought yachts, a jet, a castle, over 50 cars, two islands, a dinosaur skull, human skulls etc.
12) Do nothing: Chris Gayle remains the captain of the West Indian cricket team.
13) Act a fool: Michael Jordan’s son wore Nike shoes to play on an Adidas sponsored team, and cost the team their sponsor.
14) Bury the hatchet: Manning and Panday try to work together for a new Trini constitution
15) Relieve your bladder: An Englishman urinated over a war memorial and could face jail time as a result.
16) Go berserk: A US army psychiatrist trained to help soldiers in distress, killed 13 and wounded 30 soldiers on base in Texas.
17) Retire: Bolt’s head coach retires after 22 years as the national senior head coach.
18) Strike: Water authority workers in St. Lucia threatened to shut down the tourist sector and in fact the entire island with their strike action.
19) Die and rise again: A ‘dead’ man was said to have walked out of a morgue in Barbados.
Consider yourself (aware of more options and) up to speed…