Hey, here’s what happened this week while you were hard at work or in some cases on Facebook.
- A doctor implanted a woman with the wrong embryo. The woman has to give up the baby to the biological parents
- A trini doctor was being overpaid for 36 months, but said nothing. She now has to repay the $800,000 or face legal action. Her husband is a lawyer. I’m looking forward to the defense’s argument
- A 19.2 lb baby was born in Indonesia. Ouch!
- A woman got pregnant while she was already pregnant. This makes what I learnt in secondary school in relation to this utterly useless
- PM Patrick Manning urged Trinidadians to continue to tighten their belts. Yea right…
- But apparently Kfed wants to be able to do the same ,since rumor has it that he is headed to Celebrity Fit Club
- The US effort in Afghanistan needs more troops or risks failure
- And in the war against crime, now that the novelty of the blimp has worn off, Trini police want to start wiretapping
- This brand of sneakiness got Ahmadinejad found out at the G 20 summit. It was revealed that Iran is operating a secret nuclear plant
- Despite argument that he was delusional, 21 year old Jamaican Stephen Fray was found guilty of hijacking CanJet back in April
- Would- be terrorist Zazi proved just how toxic cosmetics are by using them to make explosives. Now we know the real meaning behind “True Blend”
- Gadhafi’s ran his mouth for 96 minutes at the UN. Even his interpreter gave up on him
- New York Gov. Patterson has been urged not to run for reelection. He has a 20% approval rating; the state may have already given up on him
- Khloe Kardashian is getting married after one month of courtship. That’s the Hollowood way.
- A breakthrough in AIDS research comes after years of investment. AIDS/HIV vaccine trial to be undertaken in Thailand. This vaccine could cut risk of HIV infection by 31%
- One Day at a Time’s Mackenzie Phillips admitted to an incestuous relationship with her father
- St. Kitts and Nevis deemed a positive model for Caribbean countries. Take heed blacklisted Caribbean neighbours
- Jamaica, Guyana, St. Lucia were the top performers at 2009 Gay Caribbean/USA Pageant. Jamaica? How ironic
- Caribbean countries are becoming increasingly concerned about climate change
Consider yourself up to speed!